The Mission of the Summit Endurance Foundation is to support, educate, and promote endurance sports in order to foster health and excellence in Colorado youth.
– In the USA 34% of adults and 17% of children are obese
– Health care costs due to obesity top $190 BILLION,
– Only 19% of high schoolers are active for more than 20 minutes/day.
Among other things, regular physical activity improves your chances of living longer and healthier, helps protect you from diseases, and relieves symptoms of depression, anxiety, and mood disorders.
It is important to give young people the knowledge, skills, and abilities of sport in order to live a long and healthy life.
We believe when you teach a young athlete that the only barrier between them and success is their hard work and decision making, they will learn that the relationship between success and hard work is true in all areas of their lives. “To be good at everything, first you have to learn to be good at something.”
A recent article in Forbes Magazine titled “Why you should fill your company with athletes,” lists the knowledge, skills, and abilities that you aquire while striving for excellence in sports.
We will accomplish these goals by removing obstacles from the athletes path, by removing financial barriers, educating coaches, and promoting the sports, events, and athletes.
1. Support – Provide financial scholarships for athletes in the areas of equipment, training, and racing
2. Educate – Provide educational opportunities for coaches to enable them to have a more effective impact on young athletes.
3. Promote – Build community visibility and support for endurance sports in order to facilitate our Support and Education pillars.